Creations Special Events and Decor

Call Us: 416-418-8459

Baby’s breath centerpiece

Posted on December 4, 2010 | 15 Comments

I recently did a centerpiece mock up for a bride that’s having her wedding in January and I thought  I’d post a pic of it.  She’s having a winter theme wedding and this babys breath centerpiece is the perfect touch to her decor.  We will be posting more pics of her wedding day next month.

15 Comments so far

1. Tani Odorfer - December 19, 2010 12:11 AM

I know there are 3 different kinds of babys breath, which one did you use? I am thinking of doing low profile centerpieces and am unsure on which type to use. How many bunchs did this take?

2. creationsdecor - December 22, 2010 11:00 AM

Hi Tani< We used "million star" and it took about 2-3 bunches for this size. Hope this helps 🙂

3. Tani Odorfer - December 22, 2010 4:17 PM

Thank you so much. Have you ever made a low profile centerpiece and do you have any pictures?

4. creationsdecor - December 23, 2010 12:34 PM

Hi Tani,
    Are you only looking for baby’s breath centerpieces? This tall centerpiece is the first one that I made that included ONLY baby’s breath.

Thanks 🙂

5. Tani Odorfer - December 23, 2010 5:50 PM

I am looking to do only babys breath. Colin Cowie did one on the Today Show and it was so stunning!! Your creation is beautiful as well. Thank you so much for your help!!

6. Tani Odorfer - December 25, 2010 9:01 PM

where exactly are you located and do you do consulations for people out of your area. I really think you should. i am willing to pay you!

7. creationsdecor - December 26, 2010 11:37 AM

Hi Tani,
    Where are you located and do you have a wedding date set?
    Feel free to email me directly at info@creationsdecor.com
    Thank you.

8. Joy - January 12, 2011 10:11 PM

It’s beautiful! Is baby’s breath expensive? Let’s say as in comparison to roses, hydrangea, orchids, etc.? How much would a centrepiece a bit fuller than this one go for? Thanks!

9. creationsdecor - January 14, 2011 4:13 PM

Baby’s breath is an inexpensive alternative for centerpieces. We will be using the babys breath for bouquets and centerpieces for a winter theme wedding tomorrow.
    You can email me directly for pricing inquiries at info@creationsdecor.com and I’d be happy to provide you with more information.

Thanks.

10. Tani Odorfer - January 16, 2011 6:56 PM

Let me know when you post the pictures from the wedding you did yesterday. I cant wait to see it!!
    Thanks – Tani

11. Cheryl Kuettel - January 21, 2011 3:26 PM

My daughter’s wedding is coming up on February 5th and at the dinner reception I was going to have 2 different baby’s breath arrangements. One of which is a tall vase maybe 1.5 ft high and opening at top is only 2-2.5 inches wide. How many stems of baby’s breath do you think I will need and how do you make the arragements so full and top heavy?

12. creationsdecor - January 21, 2011 4:16 PM

Hi Tani, we posted the baby’s breath themed wedding on our blog today.

Cheryl, you will need at least 2 bunches of baby’s breath – the more you use, the fuller it will be. Basically you have to keep trimming the flowers at the top and on the sides to create the round look (almost like a hair cut…lol). Good luck with your event!
    Debbie

13. Tani Odorfer - January 21, 2011 10:52 PM

Thanks Debbie. It was beautiful. Still dont understand why you cant relocate to AZ. The weather is much better lol!!! I sent you an email did you receive it?
    Tani

14. kimberly - February 19, 2011 2:37 PM

your good

15. AR - May 31, 2012 12:41 PM

How did you secure the babys breath? floral foam? we are doing this with eiffel tower vases.